So we begin a new year and a new decade. 2010 promises to be a great year and I am excited to see it begin. As with every year, many of us make resolutions. Below are mine. It is what I will aspire to in the coming year. We’ll see……
- Read at least two new books on Rose Gardening.
- Be diligent to journal/blog my gardening adventures.
- Start my own book on Rose Gardening. Everyone has a story to tell!
- Encourage someone to grow roses and then help them plant one.
- Become more knowledgeable about companion plants for roses.
- Weed and Walk my garden daily! (my back already aches)
- Resist impulse rose buying!!!
- Encourage people to join their local Rose Society.
- Spray for insects only when absolutely necessary.
- Be diligent and proactive about spraying for black spot on rose that I want to Show.
We will spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives …not looking for our flaws, but for potential. – Ellen Goodman.
May your new year be filled with just enough rain, lots of sunshine and beautiful roses!